Due to the pandemic hitting on us, people are sitting at home meddling with things now and then. Many of us have become artists, many of us have become influencers, and many of us have become designers. Everyone is trying to redecorate their houses. Now that everything is slowly getting available in the market, you can choose some of the best and most affordable methods to do so. A lot of us have bought a new house too, and one while decorating a home may seem exciting, it can get confusing and strenuous when you get to the business. So, how do you do it? What are the best DIY: expert tips for decorating a new home? Let us find out.
What are the factors you need to keep in mind before packing and moving?
Indeed, packing and moving is one of the most arduous tasks you can do, but before you dive into that, you should keep in mind some factors. You can have any reason to shift to a new house, be that the desire to have a bigger house, the desire to have a home in a particular location, the need to shift because of the change in job, etc. Any of the factors can influence the revision, but you need to understand that you do not need to shift everything.
- Do not carry the things you do not need – before you start packing and transporting, you must clear the clutter. Try to find the products in your house that you have barely used or will never use. You can either sell them or donate them to the needy. Considering that you will need the assistance of movers and packers, this method will reduce a lot of time and effort, and it will also reduce a lot of expenses.
- What about the furniture? – possibly, the furniture either might not go with the decoration of your new house or some of it might not fit. What can you do in such cases? We suggest you shop smart this time. Hold a garage sale and sell every furniture that you think is unnecessary or will not suit with the aura of your new home, then you can use the money and buy new furniture that fit according to the decoration, as well as your house. People these days are going for more authentic and classic furniture, you should also give a try to the same, or you can go for anything that you like. The method may also reduce the efforts of packers and movers to carry heavy furniture to your new house.
- Get your house painted before shifting – you should get over with rolling your home. You do not want to get stuck with boxes of stuff just dangling in your space while you get exhausted with painting. It can get tiring and annoying at the same time because after painting you will have to arrange all the furniture and things from your house. It can become a huge burden, so you must avoid that.
What are the DIY tips for decorating the new home?
You have to agree that one of the most exciting things about moving to a new home is decorating. We all have specific decor and aesthetics in our minds that we may have seen in some magazines or on the internet. Some people rely on professionals, but the ones who want to design their house on their own should try some of the tips we have concocted for you.
- Furniture – you need to understand that the furniture is not a fleeting trend, so you cannot frequently change it like clothes; as such, you must always choose a quality product over what is in fashion. You cannot pick any furniture because it is attractive or catches your eyes, you should know that you will have to stay with it for years, so it should be of excellent quality. For the people who travel too often and barely get to stay at home should consider renting the furniture. This way, you do not have to waste any unnecessary time on its maintenance.
- Art – a lot of us like to put pictures of paintings and images on the wall. If you are thinking of doing so, then you should always choose what vibes with you the best. You should not pick a piece of art because it is expensive or trendy, you should go for something that you connect with so that every time you look at it, you feel a surge of positivity within you. You can also go for local artists, pictures that you have collected from your travels, paintings that you may have accumulated from a trip, or anything. After all, memories are worth more than anything.
- Decor – everyone likes to put pieces of decoration in their house. If you want to do so too, then you should not go for mass-produced products. Go out and search for things that you find unique. Your decor should have a story to tell and must always match with the design of your entire house. You can go for handmade products, pottery, little things that tell a story.
- Storage – homes are getting smaller in size these days; as such, having enough stores can get challenging. In such cases, you should look for goods that seamlessly carry all the storage material that you have and look beautiful, as well. You can try not to go for bulky cabinets. You can choose more nested cabinets, beds with storage, center table, and coffee table with cavities inside where you can put your things. Your space should be sleek and clean with fuss-free handles so that no problem ever comes with the handling of things around the house. This way, you get a large amount of storage and an attractive home.
So, we hope that these tips have helped you make an informed decision and give you the best and the most beautiful house ever.