SuperNaturaleSuperNaturale

Glitter

Uh, incontinence? After childbirth...
View unanswered posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snow Ghost Seven

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Uh, incontinence? After childbirth... Reply with quote

or four years later, but who's counting?
I try kegels, but they don't seem to help. I have this awful cold now, and I have to wear a panty liner because I will piss myself (like drips) when I cough too hard. I know I need to tell my gyn, but I'm so nervous. In the meantime, can anyone commisserate? I have, like, so little bladder control. If I have to pee, I have to PEENOW! And I have to get up in the night to pee, which I never had to pre-pregnancy.
ugh. sucks.
Figwit

PostPosted: Nov 17, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nursing a squirmy baby right now, so i can't make it a link:

http://mamasweat.blogspot.com/2010/05/pelvic-floor-party-kegels-are-not.html

will write more later!

small is possible.
Crumb

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can commiserate! For about 2.5-3 years post-Crumblette I was totally leaky. It's all resolved now; I did tons of Kegels but I don't know if they worked or it things just sort of...snapped back into shape after awhile. Whatever it was, it went away eventually. I do find, though, that when I sneeze I still clench my ladyparts really tight, as a habit leftover from my leaky days!

Bodies are so weird.
knittykat

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even before I had Maggie, I would ocassionally leak when I had a cold, especially if it was a really bad one.
cake

PostPosted: Nov 18, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have issues with leakiness but I do seem to have problems emptying my bladder all the way. It's the whole "pee, then have to pee again 5 minutes later" that was so much fun in late pregnancy. It's not quite as bad but it's still annoying. I had a catheter when S was born so I'm wondering if it might be related. And I have to get up in the night more often than I used to, too.

But you should bring it up to your doc- don't be embarrassed! I was just reading an article about how postpartum women tend to attribute all kinds of health issues to pregnancy and childbirth and just keep suffering instead of getting them checked out, even if it's been several years since they gave birth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    GLITTER Forum Index -> DIY Parenting All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: